Right oil change on your Fantic XMF 125 or XEF 125
The oil change on a Fantic XMF and XEF 125 is an important maintenance procedure that should be carried out regularly to ensure optimum engine performance and longevity. In this guide, we will show you step by step how to change the oil on your Fantic.
Before you start changing the oil, you will need the correct oil and oil filter for your Fantic. You can either purchase these individually or in one of our practical oil filter or oil change kits, which already contain the right seals and oil.
For the oil change of your Fantic XEF/XMF 125
Engine oil maintenance intervals
The Fantic XMF and XEM 125 models require fresh oil on a regular basis. The first oil change is scheduled after a 500 km break-in period, subsequent oil changes should be carried out at intervals of 3,000 km
Checking the oil level
The engine oil level of your Fantic XMF or XEM 125 should also be checked regularly outside of the oil change. Unscheduled oil consumption is often the first sign of engine wear, ignoring it can cause premature engine damage.
To check the engine oil level, unscrew the engine oil filler plug, wipe it clean and put it back in. With the Fantic engine, the filler plug should not be screwed in for measuring, but only pushed on. If the engine oil level is between the minimum and maximum markings, everything is in the green zone. Check the engine oil level when the engine is warm
- 1l engine oil, e.g. Motorex Formula 10W/40 4T
- an oil filter
- seal rings for oil drain plug and oil filter cap
- collection tank for engine oil
- tool for loosening/fitting the oil filter cap and oil drain plug
- Recommended: Gloves - oil irritates the skin, oil-resistant mechanic's gloves are recommended
Step 1: Drain engine oil
- Park the motorbike on a level surface. A secure footing is essential to avoid environmental damage. The oil drain plug is located centrally under the engine casing and must not be hidden by a stand or the like.
- Drain the oil completely. To do this, place the oil collection container under the oil drain plug and remove the oil drain plug. To drain the motorbike completely, also remove the oil filler plug and hold the motorbike level for 1-2 minutes in the meantime.